Thursday, January 19, 2012

{Inspiration} Rainy Day Oufit

{Inspiration} Rainy Day Oufit


The weather has been so fickle here this winter, I'm not complaining about the lack of ice-cold days but I could do with out all the rain we've been having lately. Rain is good on a weekend when I can make a cup of hot cocoa and curl up in bed with a book, but when I have to sit in an office for eight hours a day, rain just makes me sleepy and it's a struggle to stay awake. Don't think my boss is going to fall for the ole' mini post it notes with eyes drawn on em' trick {not that I've tried it}.


I don't yet own a pair of Hunter's but Valentines Day, My 1 year Anniversary, and my Birthday are all coming up with in the next few months so I have some hope! {Dear Husband, this is a HINT! Just in case you're reading this.}


This is a perfectly comfy and chic rainy day outfit, good for splashing in puddles, running errands, or my fave singing in the rain.


xo,
Marissa

11 comments:

  1. I always want to wear jeans on rainy days too, but with the perfect boots and coat, any rainy day look can be totally stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweater and bangles... and the not-so-subtle hint to your husband! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post and blog!! :D
    Now i´m follower, i invite you to visit my blog, and if you like it you can be follower too.
    XXX from Spain!
    http://janakitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if I had it my way I'd just stay in my pajamas on a rainy day but jeans are def the next best thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWEATshirt DRESSshirtJanuary 19, 2012 at 1:17 PM

    Great picks! These will be especially handy to me... since I live in Seattle. Haha! :)

    Your newly organized kitchen looks great! It's amazing how a little organization can completely change up a living space. :)

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that umbrella! I could have used that when I lived in Seattle! We are supposed to get rain this weekend here in LA...we'll see. I still haven't worn my gold hunters! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get so sleepy on rainy days! And snowy days, too (which is mostly what we've been having here.) I love this outfit idea and think it would definitely spruce up my wintery/rainy outfit inspration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect opportunity to break them out Taj!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i live in seattle so this kind of outfit is perfectttt for me! i got sperry rainboots recently instead of hunters. they were a little cheaper but i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sweater & the rainboots! I hope the hints to your husband work out for you! I may need some tips for hinting if they do... lol Love your blog!

    Victoria
    Forever Fashionably Late

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Hunter boots make me love the rain! Hope you get yours!! And if you do, definitely invest in their fun inserts (I got the basketweave ones)- they are so cozy and add some fun flair!

    Chelsea (www.hautechildinthecity.com)

    ReplyDelete