Friday, January 20, 2012

{Inspiration} Valentine's Day Outfit

{Inspiration} Valentine's Day Outfit



Valentine's Day is right around the corner and no matter what your relationship status is you should dress up and celebrate a day made for love. Love for your friends, family, dog, cat, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, who ever and whom ever you love.

It's not always about that mushy, sappy kind of love that the movies tend to hype up. I don't know about you, but I've never fallen in love with my dance instructor (probably because I am too lazy to take a dance class), kissed in the rain (probably because it is too cold outside for that), burst into spontaneous song and dance (refer back to example 1 and add in my terrible voice), or had an epiphany while simultaneously running in slow motion towards "my love" (that sentence sounds like a lot of work, huh?). While I've never done any of those examples I have held hands with my husband, cuddled with my son on the couch, rubbed my dogs' belly till he fell asleep, giggled at jokes with my seester, hugged my mom like I didn't want to let go, indulged in some serious retail therapy with my friends, this list could go on. The point is I surround myself with people I love and I enjoy spending some quality time with all of them, on Valentines Day I celebrate my love for ALL of them. Valentines Day doesn't just have to be a "couples" thing.

So get out there with your candy hearts and hug a stranger (Don't worry I won't tell your parents).


Post Details:


1. Dress

2. Nude Heels


3. Sparkle Clutch


4. Necklace


5. Juicy Couture Charm Bracelet


6. Heart Earrings


7. Love Ring


8. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Bangles


xo,
Marissa


PS: I'm not against chick flicks and rom coms...I've just never experienced any of the situations they tend to get themselves into, If Patrick Swayze was my dance teacher I would have totally been all over him ;-)


::Spread Love::


4 comments:

  1. Love this post! Really cute description of unrealistic love and real love.. might just have to go hug a stranger!

    Victoria
    Forever Fashionably Late

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pale pink two-tone patent leather shoes are perfect for a sweet Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the jewelry! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit, though I think I would have to find a different style dress unless of course you say I can wear it with sass ;)
    Loving the bangles, you know I lurve Ralph <3

    ReplyDelete