Saturday, February 11, 2012

DIY: Nail Marbling

I've been seeing tons of pictures on Pinterest lately with how to’s on nail marbling. Before Pintrest I’d never even heard of it but the first time I saw a picture I thought it was cooler that the other side of the pillow! I knew I’d have to try it.

I looked up some videos on Youtube and gave it a shot last night, took me a couple tries at first but I really like the end result. Sorry for the crappy pictures but I just took some really quickly this morning so I could share them with you.

A quick note: if this is something you want to try, you really have to play around with the nail polish brands some work better than others, I used 3 colors and two were the Pure Ice brand from Wal-Mart and one was a Target brand so nothing expensive. Just be sure to seal it in with a top coat! 

Click here for a tutorial on nail marbling from another blog, and as I said Youtube has tons of videos which were really helpful to me. 

Happy Saturday! 

xo, 
Marissa 



Again, sorry for the poor picture quality in these guys :)

11 comments:

  1. Love the nails, now folowing your blog! I see that you entered my giveaway, make sure you follow my blog to be eligible :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.stilettogoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, i'm not on pinterest and that's prob why i've never heard of marbling, but it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Word of caution, if you do decide to get on Pinterest it's VERY addicting!! But I love it, has great style ideas, recipes, DIY projects all sorts of things. If you need an invite met me know and I'll send you one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails look really good, just in general. Nail polish looks good too! So was it hard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way easier than I thought it was going to be! I;m almost mad I didn't try it sooner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Beauty CaseFebruary 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM

    Amazing Blog! We can follow eatch other? Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So friggin cool!!!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! I think that's really cool. I hadn't seen marbling yet. You did a great job!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun look!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete