Monday, February 13, 2012

Red + Pink = Valentine's

I don’t know if you guys know this but tomorrow is Valentine’s Day…you should probably hurry to the store to pick me up some flowers, chocolates, and a card if you haven’t already ;-)

I know Valentine’s is supposed to be this mushy gushy day filled with kisses, hand holding, and intense loving stares  but honestly I’ll just be happy with a nice meal that I can actually enjoy without having to fork out mini bites to the little one. I really do miss having a plate of food all to myself…is that selfish?  Oh and a nice BIG glass of wine, maybe a foot rub, some chocolate covered strawberries wouldn’t hurt…but I digress {in hopes the hubs is reading this and taking notes}.

In honor of Valentine’s Day I have put together a pink + red look. I have to say it was really fun putting this look together AND it was also liberating. If you would have asked me last year to wear some red pants I would have said “You’re one fry short of a happy meal”, I’m used to playing it safe; in my mind jeans should not be red only the denim blues they come in. I have really stepped outside my comfort zone when it comes to fashion since I have started this blog and I love the freedom!

Hope your Valentine’s Day is filled with lots of love and extra calories!

xo,
Marissa 






The Receipt:
Jeggings - Old Navy (buy)
Blazer - TJ Maxx (similar)
Tank - Old Navy (buy)
Scarf - Gifted (fun polka dot option)
Shoes - Candies (similar)
Clutch - tea and tulips (fun metallic option)





Pink + Red | Everybody, Everywear





21 comments:

  1. Love it! I haven't worn my red jeans in FOREVER! Wish I was brave enough to wear them to work, but I'm not! ;) This is the perfect V-Day outfit! Hope your hubby was taking notes and those shows are DIVINE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and nice ring set.

    Tranae
    www.flablane.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your look!!
    Feliz San Valentín!
    Un besito!
    http://janakitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and a well put together outfit. I love the red jeans (totally want to get myself a pair of them). I adore the combination of red and pink together. This is a look I want to try soon.

    tia-cherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the look! You are looking very chic! LOL...Red pants have really come around and they are definitely a small step to the left. You look great in yours.

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'ADORE. Love love love that polka dot clutch. And the shoes. And that scarf. And...

    merci!
    Shannan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm totally wearing the same pants today. You look awesome!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute sassy outfit!! I love how you mixed the pink and red!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I found your blog by participating in the recent BDIB challenge Love how you styled your red. Cute blog!! Please visit mine if you get a chance. Have a wonderful day!!

    Tiffany
    http://shoeschampagne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blazer and pants!

    -Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you styled this look. The colors look amaz together!


    http://brightandsassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your the 2nd blogger i saw rockin red & pink for vday! I was going to wear my red pants but decided not to. I did rock polka dots tho! Hope you had a great valentines day!

    www.stylemebad.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. pink & red, so appropriate for valentines ~ love the red skinnies ^^ xoxo happy belated valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  14. catching up, so glad to hear you're stepping out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your clutch! Fabulous post!
    check my blog out :)
    http://theteaont.blogspot.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. loving all these pink and red posts :)

    hope your vday was everything you hoped it wd be!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your red and pink look - those pants are especially awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This outfit is so sweet! Love the colors! -Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!! How did I miss this?!?!? The outfit is very chic. Perfect for Valentines day! Sometimes the pink and red can be so cheesy! Not here not the way you worked it out!!! Love it! Oh and of course the chunky heels are hot...I have a pair in red! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your shoes and red pants. So chic and pretty. You hair is also great!

    Cheers,
    Cathy@New Pulse Uniform's Skechers Scrubs Page Promises Easy Shopping

    ReplyDelete