Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fifty Shades of Fashion - Anastasia Steele


Unless you’ve been under a rock lately I’m sure you’ve all heard about the Fifty Shades of Grey series, definitely not books for the faint of heart. I thought it would be a fun idea to take some of the outfits described by the characters and recreate them. Of course for some of them I’ll be adding my own fun little twist!

 I’m starting It off with the main character Anastasia Steele, her character is an early 20- something young woman who works at a hardware store and doesn’t know mascara from lip liner! She’s very low maintenance and low key. As the series goes along she gets some more fashion sense but this is my take on Miss Steele’s typical day to day outfit before she meets Mr. Grey. 

My blogger friend Ashley over at Fashion is my Day Job is also participating in Fifty Shades of Fashion be sure to check out her blog and leave her some love!










The Receipt
Jeans - Old Navy (similar)
Shirt - Thrifted (similar)
Shoes - Ross (similar)
Bag - Vintage 




Me, I’m more of a Converse and t-shirt kind of girl, but I’m wearing my most flattering jeans” - Anastasia Steele, Fifty Shades of Grey 

XOXO, 
Marissa 

12 comments:

  1. Love it!! I need a pair of fancy chucks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shirt and the Chucks! Very cute blogging idea! Did you hear the rumor the EMMA WATSON was going to play Ana?!?!? She said absolutely not true. It would have been so weird, but maybe perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. I want in... Let me know the next character y'all do.
    Tranae

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea for a series! I wish I read the books so I would know exactly who you're talking about... but my best friend said maybe I shouldn't read them bc she did & now she wishes her bf was more like Christian Grey! haha


    Victoria
    Forever Fashionably Late

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit, I really like the sneakers!!!


    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, not sure Emma Watson is who I picture to play her but can I just be honest and say that I hope it's NOT Kristen Stewart!! Oop, did I just say that out loud? Yep sure did :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous!
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very Anastasia-esque outfit. I am starting the second book now, and I heard there's talk of making a movie?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh snaps lol u look great I love the sneaks super cute look

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey girl! haha, i haven't read it yet. your outfit looks SO cute! i love the top, jeans and tennis. your hair is awesome too with the braid.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Raj @Pink Chai StyleAugust 7, 2012 at 2:00 AM

    I haven't read the books but this is a very cute outfit for you, especially like the sneakers:) Congrats on the new domain...I know it's a pretty cool feeling, like your blog is all grown up now.


    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete