Saturday, September 8, 2012

Awkward & Awesome Saturday

Typically I link up with Sydney and post these on Thursdays, but rules are meant to be broken right? Right.


Just a few of my moments from the past few weeks…the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Awkward:

Being in the Chik-fil-a drive thru when a bee (I’m scared to death of them because I've never been stung) flies into my car window...I repeat it flew.into.my.window! Automatic freak out!! I’m talking I almost crashed into the car in front of me because I hopped out the car while it was still on! Um, yea…I’ll take fries with that. Pretty sure I might be am on YouTube.

What exactly does it mean when your OBGYN says you have a “beautiful cervix” um, yes as awkward as you feel reading this it was 10x more awkward for me. Do I say thank you? Is that some sort of sexual harassment?  Do I bring it up at show and tell? Is that some sort of #MDpickupline? Do I put that on my resume'? [TMI? – sorry]

Autocorrect on cell phones! Need I say more? I was writing Melissa back on her fall guest post and my phone turned the word post to p***y!!! Can I just go on record and say I absolutely despise that word and I was extremely mortified! Thanks for being so understanding Melissa! I am now very extremely exceptionally careful about reading before I hit the send button.

Watching the Wonder Years with the hubs, the very last episode (my least favorite) and as it ends and **spoiler alert** Kevin and Winnie don’t end up together I tear up a bit and then HOLY MOLY the flood gates open and I just start crying sobbing uncontrollably – we’re talking ugly cry faces people. Poor guy didn’t know what to do or why I was crying. Funny thing is I didn’t know either. Weird. Damn you Winnie Cooper!


The Receipt -Jeans (Similar)| Blouse (Buy)| Blazer (Similar,Similar)| Shoes (Buy - on SUPER sale!)






Awesome

Still fitting into my prom dress! Can we say Halloween costume idea!

Rocking my curly hair for like a week straight and sharing it with you! New record I’m sure.

Family/Friend visits. Aren’t they just the best?

Blogger meet ups. Always a fun time.

Getting a Liebster award! Thanks again Tomris! You rock my socks! Check out her post here.

Winning a giveaway! Thanks Lyddie and INPink!

Finding out that apparently I have a beautiful cervix. Oh – wait, is that still awkward? My bad.

My blog turning 1 this month! Very awesome!

And for sitting through all my awkward and TMI moments here’s something AWESOME for YOU! 25% off all online orders at ClothesHound with code word birthday at checkout! Yay for bloggerversarys!!

15 comments:

  1. We have a lot in common! lol I've also jumped out of my car while driving home because a bee flew into my lap o_0 I was wearing shorts ew haha it was a while ago though & I've actually been stung since (my first time) & it really wasn't that bad so I'm not quite as scared anymore, but really I still am. I also hate the word p***y. But I actually kind of like it when autocorrect chooses something crazy bc its usually the funniest thing that happens all day, but I always change it before sending. I LOVE the prom dress Halloween idea & I'm definitely going to go through my old closet when I visit my parents next month!! (pretty much just horrible stuff in there, but hopefully some hidden treasures too. (sry for novel!)


    congrats on the beautiful cervix! lol


    Victoria








    Forever Fashionably Late

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the top and those shoes are awesome. BTW...your hair is making me regret my recent cut :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, sounds like you had quite the week!
    You look so cute in the first photo - love your blouse.
    Hope next weeks is more awesome than awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. man you sure had a week!! :) you look gorgeous, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahaha! I would totally have done the same thing with the bee. I just freak out thinking about them!
    And LOL at your OBGYN's comment...what a weird thing to say! But congrats on having a nice cervix :)
    XO - Marion
    ps - loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL thispost made me laugh. I can relate to every single bit of it. Chikfila, auto correct. Haha the cervix comment from your OBGYN is hilarious!
    Also sad that Winnie and Kevin didn't end up. I love Winnie Cooper. Do you know she's a math whiz in real life?
    If you have time please check out some of my looks on BestTrendsForever.com!! XOXO Ty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Auto-correct is the bane of my existence. It will inevitably change my words at the worst time possible. Also, I'm terrified of bees!


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am dying over every single bit of this outfit! My favorite of yours I think. I also love your awkward moments. I've got you beat with weird GYN comments. At my six week post-baby appt. my doctor said, "Huhhhh, I don't recognize this work. Did I do your episiotomy?" And then to her nurse, "Christy, come here and look at this. I've never seen anything like this before." Thanks......

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is freakin hilarious ... that moment with your obgyn sounds like something out of a movie. Also loving your pink blazer here, so cute!

















    Sea and Swank

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is freakin hilarious ... that moment with your obgyn sounds like something out of a movie. Also loving your pink blazer here – so cute!


    Sea and Swank

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is freakin hilarious ... that moment with your obgyn sounds like something out of a movie. Also loving your pink blazer here – so cute!


    Sea and Swank

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE your new layout!! So stylish and chic! You look amazing as always; especially love your shirt!

    Sounds like an amazing week! Doing big things!
    Thanks for the shout out lovey!

    http://dejafashion.blogspot.com
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy blogoversary. You are rocking that blush pink color.

    I bet your OB-GYN says that to all the cervixes :p hmmm, now I'll obsess for hours over whether that's the plural...

    ReplyDelete