Friday, September 14, 2012

Fall Fashions Guest Post|The Domesticated Working Woman

Hi Y'all! 

I'm heading to Charlotte this weekend for Charlotte International Fashion Week with my friends and fellow bloggers Ashley and Tomris! We'll also be meeting up with Angela while we're there! I am SUPER  UBER REDONKULOUSLY excited to go! Of course I couldn't leave you with out an amazing read so my adorable, sweet, savvy, and stylish friend Lindsay from the Domesticated Working Woman is stepping in with a guest post. I gotta be honest with you guys, I pretty much think Lindsay is my long lost twin sister (can't you see the resemblance)? We have SO much in common sometimes it's scary! I am so happy that we met! She makes her own clutches, clothes, and scarves and she blogs about it all here, so be sure to go visit and show her some love. BUT before you do read her guest post! 

I'll be back next week with the giveaway winner, ANOTHER birthday giveaway, and a recap from fashion week!! :-)

PS: If you haven't already be sure to enter my giveaway here for a blog design package worth $100 from Jennie called Jane!! 

Take it away Linds!


Hi everyone!  I'm Lindsay from The Domesticated Working Woman where I blog about thrifting, fashion, and repurposing clothing.  I'm so happy Marissa asked me to guest post for her; I met her through TriFABB and honestly, we may have been separated at birth!  Just adore her.

Growing up in upstate New York, fall meant heavy sweaters, wool socks, and ski coats.  Now that I live in the south, I don't need all those layers to keep warm.

So, fall is my favorite season for lots of reasons: colors, everything pumpkin, football, and cooler weather to name a few.  I like to enhance my outfits with bold accessories and fall provides the perfect opportunity to rock a scarf.

Scarves dress up everything from a simple white tee to a LBD.  They can take a look from simple to glam.  They also provide just enough coverage to keep warm on those crisp, fall days of North Carolina.  Not to mention, tailgating in the south is similar to an outdoor fashion show and scarves glam up a tailgating outfit just enough without going over the top.




Outfit Deets: Scarf: me, Tee: Walmart (Danskin), Skirt: me, Shoes: Goody's (old)



There are so many ways to tie them and so many ways to wear them that I feel scarves can be worn over and over again without people accusing you of repeating an outfit.  

Here, I've taken several pieces that I rotate through on a weekly basis and made an entirely new outfit simply by adding the purple scarf.  Honestly, when I add a scarf to an outfit, I just feel so much more confident.  It's my statement piece and I just feel like I was made to rock a scarf.

So, go on out, grab a scarf, and rock it.  Rock it with everything!

Thank you, Marissa, for inviting me to post for you.  Stop on by The Domesticated Working Woman some time and see what else comes out of my closet.

4 comments:

  1. i'm all about repurposing and i love that scarf!
    i need to get back into making scarves now that fall is into swing!


    morganquitetheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay is awesome! Great post! Have fun Marissa :) Love your new blog layout!!! Peacock is so in and so is the color BLUE.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl! you are ROCKING that scarf and now i can't believe you made it!! oh wait, i can because you are awesome. great post, lins!!!!

    ReplyDelete