Monday, October 29, 2012

And I do my little turn on the catwalk

You guys, I am feeling better and breathing through BOTH, that's right BOTH my nostrils! Exciting right?

Right.

Anyway, while I am on the mend and feeling better I haven't had a chance to take any new outfit pictures BUT I have the next best thing! MODEL PICTURES!! What what!!

That's right, over the weekend I took part in a fashion show with my fellow Models for Charity to help celebrate Raleigh Fashion Week! I walked in the finale show on Saturday night and it was a blast! I was beyond nervous because this was my first runway show and to top it off I had a train on my outfit! But right before the show I just lost the nervous feeling and it was replaced with confidence and excitement! It really was a dream come true! I mean YOLO right? Of course!

My designers name was Sandy Chen and her line was inspired by ocean life, my outfit is supposed to be a blue beta fish! I have no idea what Tyra and Ms. Jay would've said about my walk but I had fun and that's really all that matters!

Here are a few pictures of the event courtesy of Raleigh Static Photography!

I promise to be back with some cool outfit pics and a giveaway later this week! How was your weekend?

Happy Monday and to any of my northern readers I hope you're staying safe from Sandy!






On the runway rockin faux lashes y'all! Woot woot! :)


*You can follow me on instagram for more backstage pics of the event - @shabbychiccheap*


 Photobucket

Covered in Gracestillbeingmolly







25 comments:

  1. Look at you, miss long legs. You look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome, I KNOW you rocked that runway girl! I love your lashes, and you already know how I feel about those shoes, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you on Saturday night! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous, wish i had legs like yours instead of my thunder thighs, lol. Have a great week pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Fashionable ESQOctober 29, 2012 at 8:40 AM

    Hello!! You look so great! Work itttt girl!

    xx

    the fashionable ESQ

    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun event to be a part of! You looked stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look STUNNING in these photos – you must have rocked it!

    Sea and Swank

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look great, love the mary janes.

    xo
    Rachelle
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. that sounds like so much fun - you are so lucky you got to participate and I'm sure you totally rocked the train!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how fun!! I have worked behind the scenes at runway shows, but it would probably be fun to walk a catwalk (well I might be too nervous) :D And I love all your link ups, you're my go to for new links!

    http://www.mythriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey now!! You better werk!! Pictures look great :)

    http://chocolatepearlsblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. girl you look amazing!!!! such a glam model!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You looked absolutely radiant, and you have amazing legs! That's totally cool and I bet it was a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous! Ive done an event similar to this, its so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marissa, I thought you looked GORGEOUS! Your eyemakeup and that outfit was exquisite doll. Here's to many more modeling experiences for you! Love that orange dress :)

    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo... I wish I could've been there!


    Just Be Fresh

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gor-ge-ous! what a fabulou opportunity! And yay for your health being on the mend!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  18. Breathing through both nostrils is definitely a good thing :) And you look SO gorgeous in those photos!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  19. so pretty! i love that first pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! Great blog! Following you from Almost Friday Thursday Blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how fun!! Doing a runway sounds like a blast. Lucky girl.


    Hi! I'm a new follower from the Almost Friday blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dang! Look at you! Model status! Tyra and Ms. Jay would say your walk was FIERCE! Hehe. Look at those smizing eyes. Very cool, you did great for your first time!
    Found you via the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. And I am now your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tomris (dejafashion)November 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM

    hot mama!! so proud of you!! that first pic....absolutely STUNNING!
    x x


    http://dejafashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete