Saturday, December 1, 2012

Holiday Shopping: Glow Kouture

Ladies and Gentlemen it's that time of year again! You know (cue the music) - It's the most wonderful time of the year!

My FAVORITE time of the year - THE HOLIDAYS!!!

Which means it's time to bust out the credit cards (responsibly of course) and the gift lists and hit the stores!

Never fear Shabby, Chic, and Cheap is here to help you find that perfect gift for all your special someones with out breaking the bank :)

First up on my Holiday Must Have's List is Glow Kouture!

Recently I interviewed founder and owner Kenye Pierce, who was sweet enough to send me one of her gorgeous mini pouches to review.

I used the mini pouch on our recent trip to Detroit for Thanksgiving to stash my jewelry in and I LOOOVED it! It's such a fun color and has a great texture!

Read on!

Kenye and her husband 
Photo via

Tell us about Glow Kouture and how it started?

Glow Kouture pronounced [gloh] [koo-too-r] is an accessory line of original handmade handbags, clutch purses and other sewn unique goods for the fashion forward shopper who likes to be different. I was inspired to start Glow Kouture when I purchased a handmade clutch purse from a local boutique and thought I to myself when I got home, I can make this.  Ideas began to form of what type purses I wanted to create and Glow Kouture was pretty much born from there.

What inspired you to start Glow Kouture?

I launched Glow Kouture in November 2008 with a vision to create a brand of stylish purses that would inspire and empower every woman to shine in the modern world while endowing a sense of charm and class.

Where did the name come from?

Glow Kouture is just something I came up with that means “The radiant essence of a very classy lady”.

What types of products does Glow Kouture provide? Can any orders be customized?

At Glow Kouture one can find, Fold Over Clutches, Flat Clutches, Zipper Pouches and fashionable handmade scarves. Any item in the shop can be customized, just let us know and we’ll try our best to make it custom just for you!

How do you come up with your designs?

Whenever I have the thought of creating something for my shop, most of my designs are sketched out in my idea/mood book. I find a lot of my inspiration from reading fashion magazines and browsing the current trends in clothing at some of my favorite shopping stores.

What piqued your interest in the fashion industry?

Well, I’ve always been interested in fashion and knew someday I would put my interests into motion doing something fashion related. I’ve always loved styling outfits, making my own accessories and wearing them.

What advice would you give any up and coming designers that want to make and market their products?

I would say do research on what you want to make or create. Get involved in networking platforms and social media. Start a blog and advertise on other blogs. Take your time and don’t give up on what you are passionate about.

Who are some of your favorite designers?

Tracy Reese, Betsey Johnson, Marc Jacobs, Diane Von Furstenberg, Sophie Theallet

Fave 5 questions:

 Fave guilty pleasure to watch on TV? New Girl    
 Fave celebrity? Don’t have one   
 Faveorite thing to do on the weekend? Go to the movie theatre   
 Favorite Kardashian? Kourtney    
Favorite splurge? Shoes or Coats

Photo Via

Beautiful mini pouch in mustard




If you're looking for a unique, quality, fashionable, and more importantly AFFORDABLE gift to give look no further that Glow Kouture!

Thanks so much Kenye!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that mini pouch! I am handbag obsessed so I will definitely have to check her store out.. the interior is gorgeous! Awesome interview girl, I can't wait to see more of your holiday gift posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right now also into mini pouch. It's so simple and I love how easy it is in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post and love kenye!! she is awesome and i LOVE her pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous interview and clutches!!! They are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting and featuring my shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have gone on this website before!! Her work is wonderful! I love...love...love her clutches!! :)

    http://chocolatepearlsblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete