Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sometimes bloggers forget...

I started going through pictures on my computer and deleting some that I no longer need and I came across these! Completely forgot I had taken them with the intention of posting around Christmas, so better late than never right?!

That's my story and I'm stickin too it!

I found this dress while thrifting over Thanksgiving with my mother and sister in law. It's originally from Macy's and still had the tags on it! I paid $3 bucks! Hellooooo deal! The shirt is also thrifted from last year with my mom. I gotta be honest...at first when my mom suggested I buy it I was thinking to myself "This looks like a kindergartner finger painted a sweater". Now my mom is all about bright colors and I am usually a little more reserved but this here blog is about trying out new things so I decided I could afford to pay $2 for the shirt and if I hated it I wouldn't cry over $2 doll hairs. It hung in my closet for almost a year but I knew as soon as I bough the dress that I wanted to pair it with the shirt. I think by itself the shirt is too busy of a print for me but paired with something else it looks good!

What do you think?

PS: I'm thinking of making Thrifty Thursday's a regular series on the blog, I'd love your feedback on whether you think it's a good idea and something you'd like to see more of. I was thinking twice a month I could post on deals I find!






hey friends! you heard it, it's thursday! which means we're one step closer to the weekend!
that means it's time for...
the "Almost Friday" Thursday Blog Hop!

 
=====

Almost Friday Thursday BlogHop
1. add the Almost Friday Thursday Blog Hop button to site or blog post.
2. "like" or follow the host and all of these lovely co-hosts on facebook and/or follow them of GFC!*
3. link up your blog, blog post, giveaway down below and make new friends! go visit old friends! follow! comment! spread the love!
4. and have fun! why? because it's almost Friday!
*also, to make sure things are fair, blogs who do not "like" and/or follow the host and all the co-host will be removed.
your host:



meet this week's simply awesome GUEST co-host!

want to be a guest co-host? click here!




 

and now meet the ever so lovely the regular crew:






Follow Me on Pinterest


13 comments:

  1. I LOVE those ankle boots - so cute! And would love to see more thrifty Thursdays :)

    Annie

    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I love the idea of Thrifty Thursdays! Frugalista Friday is one of my favorite days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress and I can't believe how cheap it was!! I'm having a link up today about deals so you should def link up!! (all you have to do is add a link to my blog to this post) :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! I love the dress and the tights. The dress tones down the top.


    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute girl. That dress and those stockings are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your outfits and those cute boots!



    Rachel
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha marissa! you should do a thrifty thursday weekly feature. that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute!


    Thanks so much for linking up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! LOVE this post! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden GIrls

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhh i LOVE the idea of thrifty thursdays. and seriously marissa? that dress? the whole look? STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you found these photos! They are too cute! Thanks for linking up and hope to see you back this Thursday! (Don't forget to link back to either my blog or Sharon's)

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Enter to Win Ad Space!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well at least you didn't delete them! I think the dress is great, and the shirt was worth a try for only 2 "doll hairs"

    ReplyDelete