Thursday, April 11, 2013

twenty-eight.

All pictures via


I turn 28 in 15 days, and for some reason I am having a really hard time with it.

I think it started when a co-worker asked how old I was and I replied “How old do I look” (bad move) to which he said “27”.

I know what you’re thinking...”um, isn’t that how old you are”?! Yes, it is how old I am but it’s not the answer I was expecting. I have never been told that I look my age before. My feelings were hurt, truth be told.

I think it was just a moment where I realized I am getting older, you know when you’re a kid and you have all these ideas for what your life will be like when you’re a certain age? By 28 I should be living in a mansion with a unicorn by now :)

Do any of you have a hard time with birthdays?



Top: Old|Jeans|Shoes|Satchel:Old|Necklace: Stella B.






8 comments:

  1. YES GIRL! I am tuyring 26 this year its something I have trouble accepting especially since I havea fear of aging and not achieving the life I envisioned for myself. But in all honesty you are only as young as you feel so lets keep thinking that we are 21! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthdays are a catch 22 for me; I love celebrating them, but this year was particularly hard for me. For what it's worth, you don't look a day over 21 ;)

    Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing as it will be my birthday in about 35 minutes, and I will be 27, I can tell you that I am having a very hard time with it. Like shouldn't I have a career by now, or at least know what I want to do? Shouldn't I be married by now, or at least have a serious boyfriend? Shouldn't I have my own place by now?


    All of these l should questions are horrible and make me just want to cry and ask what have I done with these years? How can I do better so that next April I can sit back and enjoy my cake and presents without these feelings of being a failure at life looming over my head?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm older than you so don't feel bad :) Birthdays can be hard when you want to accomplish certain things by a certain age. I certainly haven't accomplished everything I wanted to by now, but that's okay....there's plenty of time for me to still reach my goals!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birthday will come and go, and if you're taking care of yourself, maybe you'll realize you don't feel any differently the day after than you did the day before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are as old as you feel honey!!! Besides you should feel good that you still look like a high schooler and still get carded :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are not a failure! Everything happens in its divine time love

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely gorgeous, i can't believe you are about to be 28!!!
    brooke @ what2wear, monikabrooke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete