Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sweatshirts and Updates

Before I say anything else, I want to say thank you to everyone for your sweet comments last week. They really made me feel better. I know I’ll get out this slump and start feeling like the old Marissa soon!

That being said, in true Marissa fashion I’ve been online window shopping! =)

One of the trends that I am SO HAPPY about right now is sweatshirts! They aren’t your old fashioned; only wear them at the gym or when you’re PMS’ing, grungy options anymore. These new sweatshirts are full of style and fun flair! Plus they can be very forgiving on a baby bump! Here are 4 of my current faves, 2 are more so regular sweaters but I wanted to include them, so I did!


Here’s my current pregnancy update:


  • How far along: 15 weeks
  • How big is baby: About the size of a navel orange, weighing in at 2.5 oz.
  • Weight gain: Haven’t stepped on a scale since last appointment so I don’t know. We don’t own a scale at our house.
  • Sleeping:  Good some nights, not so good on others. It’s hit or miss really.
  • Food cravings: French fries [still!], tomatoes with salt, okras and rice! Yum!
  • Food aversions: Pickles [Oh the irony] and sadly I am adding garlic to the list. I had some pot stickers from my fave Chinese place and the garlic in the dipping sauce made me feel so ick!
  • Missing: Sunny side up eggs
  • Symptoms: Nausea is subsiding though I still have my moments, dizzy spells, still feeling very tired. Also I notice I get motion sickness A LOT! Sometimes even when I am walking!! Cray cray right?!
  • Doctor’s appointment: Next one is about 2 ½ weeks away
  • Movement: I am definitely feeling something, nothing that the hubs or kiddo can feel yet though. Mostly I can feel movement when I am sitting on the couch or being still.
  • Gender / Names: We are going to find out in November! We have a girl name picked out, no boy names yet…
  • Best moment of the week:  Going to Charlotte to see my seester and MIL over the weekend! I love Charlotte and it was great to see my seester and her new place, see my MIL and eat her AMAZING food! She totally made me some okras and rice =) and of course no trip to the Queen City would be complete without a stop at Pinkberry! YUM! I wish we had one locally.   
  • What I’m looking forward to: Finding out the gender next month!
  •  What I did / Got for baby: Nothing this week, we’re really waiting until we find out the gender before we start buying things or registering.      
I wish I could relive this moment...it was SO yummy! 

9 comments:

  1. I have the 'hello there' sweatshirt :) I seriously love Pinkberry, I wish we had one!


    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the chic turn that the sweatshirt has been taking. "hello there" is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these sweat shirts omg!


    www.rcsoatl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you're feeling better. you have me dying laughing on instagram. hahaha love that 4th one and hahahaha pickles & garlic! you GO girl! :D

    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sweatshirts, my favorite is the grey one!!!


    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the grey sweatshirt!!!!!


    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that jeweled sweatshirt! Pinkberry is SO yummy...I wish I had one over here. I have to go into NYC to fufill my Pinkberry craving.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait until you find out the gender!! And I love those sweatshirts... especially the 'hello there' one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my kids are 6 and 8 and i still can't eat garlic like i used to...it sucks! i love that leather embellished sweatshirt!

    ReplyDelete