So I know I have been totally slacking when it comes to outfit pictures and I know you want more than my tummy updates but the truth of the matter is that I have been in such a slump lately.
You know that feeling of walking into your closet looking at all your clothes and feeling like you have nothing to wear?
Yep, that's me. Only I don't have much to wear for reals. My pre-preggo pants don't fit, my boobs are getting too big for some of my shirts [TMI? My bizzad], and skirts can't zip or button up the right way. It's depressing y'all.
I don't want to spend a lot of money on maternity clothes because it's just not realistic since I won't need to wear them once the baby is here, but at the same time I can't get much use of my old wardrobe. I mean you put on 10 - 12lbs and suddenly your leg feels like a sausage in casing trying to squeeze into your size 5 jeans. Not to mention the fact they don't zip or button anymore. Not a pretty sight and definitely not comfortable!
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the new addition to our family and I love my little baby bump....I just miss being able to wear more than the same 6 or 7 pieces of clothes.
Any advice for a fashionably uninspired preggo lady?
PS: Bump update below :)
|Safety first! A seat belted baby bump :)|
Here’s my current pregnancy update:
- How far along: 14 weeks
- How big is baby: About the size of a lemon, weighing in at 1.5 oz
- Weight gain: 10-12 lbs
- Sleeping: Good some nights, not so good on others. Trying to remember to sleep on my left side though some mornings I wake up on my back.
- Food cravings: French fries [still!], lemons with salt, lasagna,
- Food aversions: Pickles [Oh the irony]
- Missing: Sunny side up eggs
- Symptoms: Nausea is subsiding though I still have my moments, dizzy spells, still feeling very tired.
- Doctor’s appointment: Next one is about 3 ½ weeks away
- Movement: Some flutters here and there, or gas =)
- Gender / Names: We are going to find out in November! We have a girl name picked out, no boy names yet…
- Best moment of the week: Hearing the baby’s heartbeat at my doctor’s appointment! I recorded it and sent it to my mom, sister, and of course let my son hear it. He’s so excited about being a big brother and asks if I’ll play ‘his baby’s’ heart beat all the time!
- What I’m looking forward to: Finding out the gender next month! Celebrating my mother in laws birthday this weekend in Charlotte! It’s one of my favorite cities! Plus I’ll FINALLY be able to get some Pinkberry!!
- What I did / Got for baby: Nothing this week, we’re really waiting until we find out the gender before we start buying things. Although, I did some online window shopping for cribs and changing tables and I’ve narrowed it down to 2 cribs!