Are there any other last minute people out there besides me?!
So I know I am uber late on a Thanksgiving post but I was so proud of our spread because this was the first year the hubs and I actually cooked the meal! Both of our parents weren't able to spend it with us so we hosted some friends and cooked some of the meal, and our friends brought some dishes as well.
I have to say my hubby's turkey breast came out delicious and I was SO proud of my mac and cheese! I hope you all enjoyed your Turkey Day! Now we're working on planning our Christmas dinner...do you have any traditions or foods you prepare each year around the holidays?
Our Turkey Day Spread! Yum!
20 Week Baby Bump [Yes I am aware there's a pair of boobs behind me on the screen...bad photo timing!]
Here’s my current pregnancy update:
- How far along: 22 weeks – more than ½ way there!
- How big is baby: About the size of a spaghetti squash, weighing in at almost 1lb
- Weight gain: Not sure, next MD visit is next week. We’ll find out if I packed on some Thanksgiving pounds!
- Sleeping: It is hit or miss but my pregnancy pillow really helps. Now that my belly is getting bigger it’s a bit harder to get comfortable.
- Food cravings: Nothing really
- Food aversions: Still avoiding garlic.
- Missing: Adult drinks. Went to my company’s holiday party this past weekend and had to drink juice or ginger ale while everyone else enjoyed the open bar…Le sigh. I also really miss making spiked hot chocolate with the hubby around this time of year.
- Symptoms: Feeling pretty good, I’ve been taking it easy and trying not to do too much. I have some aches and pains here and there, but that’s normal.
- Doctor’s appointment: Next week!
- Movement: Baby is definitely on the move! I have no idea what s/he is doing in there sometimes! Having a dance party is my guess! I love feeling the kicks though.
- Gender / Names: Beautiful baby girl J
- Best moment of the week: Got in some sweet cuddle time with my son over the weekend, trying to enjoy the times when it’s just the 2 of us since he’ll have a baby sister soon.
- What I’m looking forward to: Hearing the heartbeat at my next appt! It’s my favorite part
- What I did / Got for baby: So the hubs and I did break down and get one outfit! But I’ve been really good at not caving in to buying ALL the adorable girly clothes they have. I can’t say the same for my mom and sister though…they’ve def been buying up a storm! My next goal is to work on our registry!