Monday, December 30, 2013

Maternity Monday

Last Monday of 2013! What a wild ride it has been! I am grateful for all the experiences and lessons I have learned this year. For the memories and friends I’ve made, for old readers and new readers.
I’m looking forward to 2014, last year in my 20’s! YIKES!

But I know 2014 will be filled with wonderful new memories, new friends, old friends, and family.
Thanks to each of you for taking time out to stop by my little corner of the World Wide Web, it means so much to me!

Cheers to a fabulous New Year!

With that being said, I recently had a maternity photo shoot, and I just wanted to share a few of the pictures with you. I’ll be sharing more pictures and more about the photographer in the coming weeks but I figured a sneak peek would be fun! Right? Right! :)

My Santa hat says "I've been naughty" LOL ;-)






Here’s my current pregnancy update:


  • How far along: 25 weeks – more than ½ way there!
  • How big is baby: About the size of a rutabaga, weighing in at almost 1 ½ pounds!
  • Weight gain: about 12 pounds
  • Sleeping:  It is really hard to get comfortable lately. With back aches, a bigger belly, and leg cramps sleeping doesn’t come too easily. I try to nap when I can and I am still using my pregnancy pillow. Also baby is REALLY active at night, I she takes a late night Zumba class! :)
  • Food cravings: Sushi, hot dogs, and beer! Oh how I’d LURVE a nice cold beer!
  • Food aversions: Still avoiding garlic.
  • Missing: Adult drinks and real sushi, sure I can have the cooked rolls but it just isn’t the same. I also really miss my regular clothes. It’s hard going in stores and seeing all these cute styles of clothes and shoes but not being able to buy anything. I’m just not sure what size I’ll be after baby so I don’t want to buy something that may be too small, or too big.
  • Symptoms:  I’ve been taking it easy and trying not to do too much. I have some aches and pains here and there, but that’s normal. Having a lot more of the Braxton Hicks contractions, but I know that’s just my body’s way of prepping for the big day!
  • Doctor’s appointment: Next week!
  • Movement: Baby is definitely on the move! I have no idea what she is doing in there sometimes!
  • Gender / Names: Beautiful baby girl 
  • Best moment of the week:  Christmas with my family. It was so nice to have my in laws visit and share the holiday with them!
  • What I’m looking forward to: Hearing the heartbeat at my next appt! It’s my favorite part
  •  What I did / Got for baby: My mom sent the cutest dress for her but I haven’t done any shopping, and I still need to do my registry! So behind on that! 
Linking up with Molly 

9 comments:

  1. What cute photos...such a fun little shoot!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Le Mode Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun photo shoot! I love that last picture!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you ! Such a cute photo shoot. I just had a baby girl and I feel you on the things you miss while pregnant. Hopefully you can get all of those things soon after you give birth like I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable. Such a fun photo shoot!


    creamystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! And I totally craved sushi the entire time I was pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a really cute shoot Marissa! HAHA You guys are so much fun. Really creative!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this photo shoot, your family is so precious Marissa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable photos!

    The Look What I Got link up is back tomorrow. Hope to see you there!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    J. Crew Gift Card Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! And beer cravings?! Wow.. that would kill me if I craved beer while being pregnant lol Happy New Year doll!

    ReplyDelete