Monday, January 20, 2014

January Ipsy Glam Bag| A Review

Are you an ipster? I am and have been for quite some time now, but for some reason I have never really talked about it on the blog before!

Ipsy is a monthly subscription service for $10/month where you get a new ‘glam bag’ of goodies. I know, I know, what makes this different from any of the other gajillion services out there?

Well to be honest I don’t have an answer to that question, BUT what I can say is that I have tried some other subscription services in the past and Ipsy is the one that I like the most and that I feel actually caters to my beauty interest. Plus I get a cute new bag every month! I am always excited to receive my hot pink envelope in the mail, it’s like Christmas!

What I like about being a part of a subscription service is being able to try products that I see in the stores but don’t want to buy a full size version of and also finding out about new products. Ipsy combines my love of beauty + makeup products. So if you love receiving mail in hot pink envelopes that contain cute bags full of goodies then ipsy may be for you!

I’m reviewing my January bag for this post!
How cute is this months bag?! 

This month my bag included:

*Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads
* Nourish Organic Moisturizing Face Lotion
* Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Eye Pencil in Pearl
* Mica Beauty Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm in Fiesta #6
* Briogeo ‘Don’t Despair, Repair’ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask

I was able to try everything out but the hair mask, since I currently have twist in my hair. I am looking forward to trying it as soon as I can though.

I began with a clean, make-up free face….don’t be scared! ;)

How I think I look - How I actually look 

I then washed with my usual face wash [Old School Noxema!], instead of my toner I used the Proactiv+ face pad which did not have a strong scent and was not abrasive on my skin. As a preggo I can appreciate that it didn’t have an overpowering scent. I then moisturized with the Nourish Organic which I only needed about a dime sized amount for my entire face and it had a very pleasant light smell. It contains argan and rosewater and felt very soft and creamy to the touch but did not leave my face feeling oily. I followed that up with my usual 5 minute face routine [Post on that to come later] and I used the Elizabeth Mott eye pencil to line my lids, it went on smooth but the color is a bit bold for a daytime office look. But it can be smudged or blended to make it less bold. Lastly, I used the Mica tinted lip balm, which you only need a small amount of depending on how bright you want the color. I put on a bit too much at first; I was very surprised at how little I needed in order for it to show. It’s a very pretty pink/fuchsia type color and it’s not too glossy which I liked. Perfect for a natural type tint/look for day wear! 

Ta-Da! [Excuse the expression, 7 months preggo - it's the best I could do!] 
I was pleased with all the products but favorite was definitely the Nourish Organic Moisturizer – I can see myself making a purchase in the near future.

Interested in joining Ipsy and becoming an ipster? Click here

Are you members of any subscription services? Share which ones in the comments below. I LURVE finding out about new ones to try!

SO happy to be co hosting the Funday Monday Blog Hop! Be sure to check out the loverlie hosts and co-host and leave them some bloggy love! 

*This was not a sponsored post, I just wanted to share one of my favorite services with you. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. 

funday-monday-button-300x288

Welcome to Funday Monday! Here are a few of our favorites posts from last week’s link-up:

funday-monday-jan-20-14_2182

The Rules for #FundayMonday Link-Ups:
    1. Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly] & Carly @ Lipgloss & Crayons! And, be sure to follow and check out this week’s guest hosts: Eva @ Eva Marie Taylor and Marissa @ Shabby, Chic, and Cheap.
    2. Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #fundaymonday-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
    3. Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #fundaymonday!
    4. Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #fundaymonday comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
    5. Have fun! Cause it’s Monday!

Want to cohost #FundayMonday? We are currently accepting weekly cohosts! Please email us at mollystillman@gmail.com for more info!



9 comments:

  1. I love that lip balm on you...it's so pretty and natural looking!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa, no you didn't put a picture of Cruella de Ville next to you! HAHAHAHA Girl, you do NOT look like that! For $10, you got some great stuff! I like trying new products too. This is a great way to sample things. Your complexion is so pretty and I love your hair. The products you are using definitely works for you. Proactiv was too harsh for my skin. I got red splotches. Maybe they've changed their formula though.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty lip color on you!


    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so many good things about Ipsy! I should try them out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't gotten around yet to trying out all the products...but now I am excited!

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Starbucks Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. Love your blog

    xx Cissy
    idreamofbunnies.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the pearl eye pencil - it really just brightens your face!

    ReplyDelete