Monday, January 27, 2014

Review| Hair Garb Extensions

Being able to change my look is something I truly enjoy about being a woman! New hair color, nail polish, outfit, hairstyle, etc…all things we can change as many times as we like! How lucky are we?!
Working in a corporate environment my hair and nails are the two physical aspects I tend to change the most. I can’t exactly walk in with facial piercings and a bunch of tats [no offense to those that have them! I’m just not that cool =)] I can always change up my nail color or design and how I style/wear my hair.
I was so happy to ‘meet’ Carmelle of Hair Garb Extensions on Instagram a few months ago. She was kind enough to send me some hair to review and answer some interview questions.

The hair arrived quickly and was very securely packaged. It felt soft to the touch and was easily styled and maintained. I didn’t feel the need to use much styling products and curls held very well when used with my curling rods and with a curling iron. Something I loved was how it maintained a great curly/wave pattern after being washed several times and drying naturally. I loved the additional length and the fact I didn’t really have to do much to the hair in the morning, which as a pregnant lady was AWESOME! Any day I can get up and go is a good day in my book!

As someone without a relaxer the hair offered a wonderful protective styling option, I didn’t have to use any heat or products on my natural hair with the extensions in and the closure piece.
My only complaint would be the fullness of the hair on the closure piece which once brought to her attention Carmelle happily and quickly replaced with a better piece.

I had the hair in during my maternity shoot and I loved how it looks in all the pictures! I would definitely purchase from Hair GarbExtensions again.










But don’t take my word for it; I’ll let Carmelle explain all about following her dream and helping make women feel beautiful!

Tell us about Hair Garb Extensions and how it started?
"Hair Garb Extensions is an online hair boutique based in South Florida. This was an idea that flourished as a dream now into reality. My business name and concept was inspired by the definition of “Garb” which means costume, attire, or outfit this meaning was all I needed because we as women express ourselves through fashion, makeup, hair, music and more my “aha” moment came in early 2011. I made the decision that I will pursue my entrepreneur ideas then my research began. I was new to the scene and was educating myself on what does it takes to operate and manage a business in all aspects.  After several months of research decided to take my platform to social media by starting a business page on Instagram: hairgarbextensions, along side (2) YouTube reviews to show credibility of my awesome virgin hair that caters to different genres of women."

What inspired you to start Hair Garb Extensions?
"My inspiration is beauty. Everyone wants to feel and look good and we can dress that up to our desires. Secondly I went back to my roots, performed a big chop and knew that my hair grows most and is at it’s healthiest state when its protected. In order to do this based on past experiences protective styling was my main agenda and was perfect for me to achieve my hair and business goals intertwined. Versatility was key in my research going from sleek straight virgin bundles to virgin kinky bundles when I choose to. My main ingredients to serve is virgin hair of my choice, heat protectant if necessary (depending on texture) and a must have is a lace or silk base closure to shy away from any leave out."

What makes Hair Garb Extensions unique from other brands?
"Hair Garb Extensions distinctiveness comes from our honesty. Every product has been truly tested for quality. We provide 6-grade virgin hair highest quality on the market. No customer will be left behind, the road to fabulosity is here."

What types of products does Hair Garb Extensions offer? Can orders be customized or can certain colors be requested?
"Hair Garb Extensions provides clip on extensions Remy virgin hair bundles (wefts), lace and silk base closures, full lace wigs, lace fronts and in the making upart wigs. Orders can be custom made and selected Ombre colors are available to purchase also."

What piqued your interest in the beauty industry?
"My peek interest is that I was excited of the outcome and possibilities. Facing challenges may not seem great at that moment but the end result for me is a lesson on avenues to get better. Learning my hair, trying my own products, having length retention, knowing our products caters to everyone and everyone has a special event in life I will be honored to be a part of it."

What is the hardest part of being a part of such a large industry where many similar products to yours are sold?
"The most challenging part of the industry is that we all have competition however healthy competition is great. An entrepreneur is given the path of being creative to set apart from the other “guys”."

What advice would you give any up and coming entrepreneurs that want to make and market their products?
"My advice for new entrepreneurs is to be consistent with work habits. In life the best risk taker is to bet on yourself."

How can interested customers order your product?
"To purchase our wonderful products, see customer reviews, or have questions please visit us @ www.shophairgarb.com  / support@shophairgarb.com "



Fave 5 questions:
Fave guilty pleasure to watch on TV?
Scandal
Fave celebrity?
Mariah Carey
Favorite thing to do on the weekend?
Relax, and watch movies.
Favorite Kardashian?
Khloe
Favorite splurge?
Shoes!


 Follow Hair Garb Extensions on Instagram for updated pictures of inventory and sales/specials! 




11 comments:

  1. The hair looks so natural Marissa and your maternity photoshoot came out beautiful. Love it!


    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know so many gorgeous mommies like you and Lindsay! The hair look fantastic and so do your maternity photos! That first one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hair extensions look beautiful and natural - being able to change our hair, makeup, nails, ect is definitely one of the fun parts of being a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The extensions look gorgeous on you! I love the photos of you sitting on the bed. Hope you frame some of these!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Headband Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen Presley DawkinsJanuary 28, 2014 at 10:27 AM

    What a fabulous review! And gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fact that the hair extension blend so well and look like your own hair. I also like the fact that Hair Garb gets the need for more protective styling hair alternatives for those who are trying to transition to natural or who are just trying to maintain there natural hair. I'll definitely be looking into the products and, of course, you looked fabulous in your photos, pregnant mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great shoot! great hair! Love switching it up! My son is now 7 months old and I finally decided to go short and sassy! love it!
    xo,
    Lisa
    http://www.dimepieceonadime.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review dear, The pictures are gorgeous. You look amazing!
    Love the extensions!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks great! I've always been skeptical of hair extensions, but these really look fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks so great here!! I love it long!


    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks great but you look glowing! I love the dress in the first picture!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete