Monday, February 10, 2014

Maternity Monday

I’ve shared a few of my maternity pictures on here with you all before, but I wanted to take the opportunity to also shed the spotlight on the photographer that took them!

During my first pregnancy we were not able to get maternity photos done before I went into labor [I went into labor earlier than expected].  So I really wanted to make sure that we got some this time around and that we were able to involve the whole family.

I’d spoken to Jason of Knightlife Studios in the past about doing a professional model photo shoot and thought of him again for out maternity shoot. I was beyond elated when he said he could do the shoot for us and I instantly started sending him ideas of what types of pictures and poses I’d like to have.

What I LOVED about working with Jason is that he is so flexible and understanding, he was willing to come to our house for the shoot where I knew we’d be most comfortable and also where I was supposed to be according to doctors’ orders. He had me on a modified bed rest schedule. 

He brought all the necessary professional equipment and made us feel very comfortable; he even put some music on to loosen us up! What I really appreciated is that he remembered all the poses and ideas I had in mind and he did his best to capture all if them. That really meant a lot to me. 

If you’re in the local Raleigh area I’d highly recommend Jason as a photographer, there are samples of his work available on his website and he also writes a blog. I’m looking forward to working with him once our baby girl is here. Hopefully the weather will be on our side and we’ll be able to get some outdoor shots!


Read on for a tummy update after the pictures! =)




This is one of my favorites! :)





Here’s my current pregnancy update:
  • How far along: 31 Weeks
  • How big is baby: Approx. 3lbs and 18 inches long – the size of a pineapple
  • Weight gain: 20 lbs!
  • Sleeping: Hit or miss, belly is bigger and it’s harder to get comfortable but I take sleep when I can get it. I nap quite a bit on the weekends
  • Food cravings: Haagen Daz coffee ice cream! SO. GOOD.
  • Food aversions: None that I can think of
  • Missing: Sushi, sushi, and more sushi!
  • Symptoms: LOTS of Braxton Hicks contractions! They can really be a doozy!
  • Doctor’s appointment: Next week
  • Movement: Baby is definitely on the move! I swear she’s doing Zumba in there!
  • Gender / Names: Beautiful baby girl!
  • Best moment of the week: Getting her crib and the hubby putting it together, also getting my breast pump [TMI? Sorry!]
  • What I’m looking forward to: Baby shower in a few weeks!
  • What I did / Got for baby: We got her crib and also her travel system.                                          


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You guys look so happy. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos came out beautiful!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photographs are beautiful! You look so happy and you are just glowing. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing these. The one of you two smiling is so precious, I can feel the love!


    xo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the one of you two smiling! These pictures are beautiful!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. He did a beautiful job Marissa!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous pictures! I definitely want to do a maternity shoot with my next baby. We didn't do any with my previous two pregnancies and I kind of regret it.

    ReplyDelete