Monday, February 24, 2014

Spring Fever


Am I the only one with a case of MAJOR Spring fever? I’m so sick of hearing about the Polar Vortex and looking at temperatures 20 degrees and below. This winter has been brutal to say the least, and the states further north have really taken a beating!

That picture is how Raleigh looked about 2 weeks ago when we got pummeled with snow and the whole city literally shut down ATL style. It was awful!

To get my mind off the horrible weather I started thinking about the warmer days ahead, which got me past spring and well into summer mode.

Of course you can’t think about summer without thinking swimsuits! Currently these are my top 3 faves from designer Trina Turk.


 They are so tropical and I love that they are one pieces that are not boring or “too old fashioned” looking. They’d be perfect someone losing some baby weight during the summer months! [Like me!]

Speaking of the Fabulous Trina Turk, if you’re in the Triangle area then please be sure to check out an event hosted by the Junior League of Raleigh. They are partnering with Belk for the 3rd annual Fashion Forward event at Belk Crabtree Mall on March 9th at 5pm.

The show starts at 7pm and there will be hors d’oeuvres and beverages served along with a special guest appearance by designer Trina Turk!

Tickets include food, drink, gift cards, and a chance to enter drawings. You also get a 20% discount on regular AND sale merchandise [BARGAIN!].



Tickets can be purchased here and all proceeds go to the Junior League of Raleigh to support community partnerships, volunteer service, and training.



Definitely not an event you’ll want to miss! 

Linking up with Molly and Carly

11 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the colorful prints! I cannot wait for Spring either!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for that event! Can't wait!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is thinking the same thing Marissa. Love those bathing suits.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the swim suits especially the cold shoulder style. I will definitely check out Trina's fashion on line and her swimwear for the warm weather we are all looking forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! I'm so over winter!!! This polar vortex SUCKS! I'm cohosting the linkup today - thanks for joining in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Domesticated Working WomanFebruary 24, 2014 at 9:11 PM

    Loooove. I think I'm going to have to check out the rash guard one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. susan@avintagefarmwifeFebruary 25, 2014 at 5:15 PM

    Gorgeous swimsuits! Ohh, the event sounds so fun. Are you going? Please tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just bought the middle Trina swimsuit like 2 days ago and can not wait for it to warm up to wear it, even if just as a top!
    elle-n-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her swimsuits, they are gorgeous!!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are definitely not alone - I am so over winter! I love the printed suits, the one shoulder is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete