Monday, October 13, 2014

Decor Inspiration

Do you guys ever get into an outfit inspiration slump?

I know I do, and it doesn't matter how many pins I pin, or how many blogs I visit - sometimes I just can't find that perfect inspiration that I need!

This got me to thinking....maybe I need to start thinking OUTSIDE the box and looking for ideas in places I wouldn't normally look - like the living room!

Ha! Have you ever thought that you can draw outfit inspiration from around the house?

Well I decided to give it a try using the eco friendly pillow designs of Linda Mendible! She's a local designer that focuses on eco friendly, upcycled, and sustainable designs. Don't think she limits herself to just pillows, homegirl is SO talented and also does clothing and bags! Check out her etsy store when you get a chance!

This was my inspiration piece:


I know, I know, how GORGEOUS is this pillow?! UH-MAZE-ING right? Of course. 

I love the mix of yellows, red, teal, and green! 

These are the outfits I came up with after studying the color scheme:





I really wanted to accent the yellows and blues in the pillow and I am totally loving ALL these outfits! Can they just appear in my closet already?!

Now for the best part! Linda, being the awesome person that she is, is offering Shabby,Chic, and Cheap readers a chance to win one of her FABULOUS pillows! Just enter using the rafflecopter below! Good luck!

*Giveaway is open to US readers only.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

14 comments:

  1. Love all of these outfits! My living room is also yellow, gray, and turquoise! Never tried to wear all of those colors together though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Marissa for hosting this giveaway! So awesome to know you! I'm so honored that you would love to promote my Handmade Eco Pillows ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this green top! To. Die. For!!!!

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marissa, those outfits are so cool. Inspiration can come from anything. Give me those two grey dresses and accessories!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty inspiration! Love all the color combos!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe these are pillows. They are so cute, I thought the pillow was a purse :) Great clothing options too. I think I want to add yellow to my wardrobe now.~ Ashley A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right, she is so talented. Her work is besutuful. Thank you for this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything that you featured is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful!

    Thank you for the opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! Thanks for joining ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwwwwwww, Thank you Christy! This means so much! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! It's because I started with making custom purses and then decided to mix the two. The next time I make a few pillows I'm making two of a kind! ;) Thanks Ashley!

    ReplyDelete